Re: changing password for user internal

From: Sybrand Bakker <oradba_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 06:54:17 +0100

On Wed, 02 Jan 2002 23:37:52 GMT, dsmcd <dsmcd_at_uswestmail.net> wrote:

>But you can connect as internal using a script or other sql tool, in
>which case you don't have to be logged in on box at all. You could do
>damage as long you can reach the ip and know the sid, correct? Or am I
>being missing something here?
>

>>The idea behind this is if you
>>are already logged as an administrator on that box, you can screw up
>>Oracle already anyway (you don't need the internal password for that)

I described the situation when you are on that box, not remotely. To use internal (or SYSDBA) remotely, you'll need to change the remote_login_password_file parameter to allow SYS to connect as SYSDBA.
Internal is a completely *local* thingy. If you can hack the administrator password of that box, who is going to stop you anyway?

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed Jan 02 2002 - 23:54:17 CST