Re: URGENT!!! Oracle 8.0.6 password recovery

From: Xuequn Xu <xux_at_informa.bio.caltech.edu>
Date: 2 Jan 2002 21:28:46 GMT

You don't need to have the "dba passwords". If you have administrator access to the operating system, you can access anything on the machine. Simply change the sysdba authentication from password file to OS (remote_login_passwordfile=none), and anyone in the DBA or
ORA_DBA group (depending on how the group is called on your machine), can "connect / as sysdba". Alternatively, use oracle's password file utility orapwd to create a new password file, and therefore a new password.

Chris (nothanks_at_home.com) wrote:
: I am the network manager for a company where we recently had to let our
: DBA go. The problem is he never gave us the dba passwords to the DB. Now
: we are having some issues. Can anyone please assist me in this process.
: I have full physical as well as admin access to the machine.
: It is running NT 4.0. I do however have limited user access to the DB.
: I am NOT a DBA so keep that in mind when answering.

: thanks in advance.