Re: Oracle 9iAS and database transfer from NT to UNIX

From: Peter Sylvester <peters_at_mitre.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 15:32:14 -0500

I have not moved 9iAS from NT to Unix, but I know there are issues with import/export with 9iAS that prevent it from going from one DB to another on same architecture. I think it has something to do with object types and/or row level security.

There are number of AS specific import/export scripts that you need to use, and in the "correct" order. These scripts had lots of bugs in earlier releases, so your best shot is with latest portal patch. See the portal admin guide and metalink docs 154264.1 and 133135.1.

We ended copying the DB files from one box to another to get around imp/exp issues. Obviously this won't work for NT/Unix.

-Peter