Re: Async I/O is NOT supppressed for filesystem datafiles in 8.1.5?

From: El Toro <medawsonjr_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2 Jan 2002 10:31:36 -0800

Official statement from Oracle Metalink is that 8.1.5 and 8.1.6 will NOT use async I/O, no matter what you saet 'disk_asynch_io' to, *IF* running on Solaris 2.6 with a kernel patch below 105181-17.

Sounds pretty fishy, but that's what Oracle stated. Sun has yet to respond to me about their very misleading documentation on the subject.

Hope this helps anyone. Received on Wed Jan 02 2002 - 12:31:36 CST