Re: changing password for user internal

From: Sybrand Bakker <oradba_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 18:43:04 +0100

On 2 Jan 2002 01:21:06 -0800, npassudani_at_yahoo.com (Nitin Assudani) wrote:

>hi..
>I have installed oracle 8.1.7 on Windows 2000 server.
>The user internal can log in with any password or also without
>specifying any password.
>I have tried few things which i searched on the net to change the
>password.
>The ways in which i have already tried to change the password are:
>1) I tried using orapwd.
>2) I tried using oradim
>But still the problem stands there.
>I will appreciate if someone can give me some solid clue as to what to
>do.
>Thanks...

This is the way it is supposed to work. The idea behind this is if you are already logged as an administrator on that box, you can screw up Oracle already anyway (you don't need the internal password for that) If you really want internal -which is deprecated in 8ideleted from 9iwhich  I strongly advise against, you should remove the ora_dba group from the privileges your NT administrator user has. Of course this is documented behavior.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed Jan 02 2002 - 11:43:04 CST