REPOST: Sizing

From: RA <ra_at_navisys.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 10:55:07 -0500

We have an Oracle-based application that normally runs on a Solaris platform, and the recommended platform we quote perspective clients is :

 Optimal Configuration
Sun Enterprise 5500

6 Ultra Sparc II 400mhz cpu's (or faster)

3 gb memory

1 x Sun A5200 disk arrays

(198 gb - 22 x 9gb spindles)

We now have a perspective client that desires to run this on a wintel platform.

Could anyone state what the equivalent CPU requirement for an Intel platform would be?

As in: How many (and what speed) Intel Xeon processors under Win 2000 would be equivalent to 6 Sparc2 processors running under Solaris here?

Thanks.

(replies to ra_at_navisys.com)

autocancel Received on Mon Dec 31 2001 - 09:55:07 CST