REPOST: Re: Lost oracle database but have the datafiles

From: Kev <java2e_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 01:10:05 -0800

Hello Howard,

I want to thank you very much for all the help you have provided.

What a thing to come back to after a vacation. Oh man. That is why my backup was so old.

Anyway looks like it is time to buy that tape backup drive.

It looks that maybe the files are not abot to be saved. Again thank you again and at least now I know how to recover for future if it ever happens again which I hope it never does.

Thanks,

Kev

On Mon, 31 Dec 2001 07:23:41 +1100, "Howard J. Rogers" <dba_at_hjrdba.com> wrote:

>Ha! I wondered if anyone would notice!!
>
>I got told off in one of my classes recently by one of the students for
>creating tables called HJR, HR1, HOWIE, and various egocentric variations.
>So, I've kind of taken the advice to heart, and whereas all my databases
>used to be called HJR816, HJR817, HJR901 and so on, now I just have DB1, DB2
>and DB3 -so you are quite right.... I'm not about to cross over to the dark
>side!
>
>Yours conspiratorially ;-)
>HJR

autocancel Received on Mon Dec 31 2001 - 03:10:05 CST