REPOST: Re: Lost oracle database but have the datafiles

From: Kev <java2e_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 11:37:52 -0800

Hello Howard,

Here is the problem. I completely lost my harddrive but before I did about a day ago I saved the datafiles, no idea of why I did it. And about 1 week ago I did a export of the schema I care about.

What I need to do is jsut get one table out of the datafile and the rest I dont care about.

I might be abot to get the control files but not the arcive or redos.

I can run the import to create the structure but I need to pull the data from the datafiles if this is at all possible.

Thanks,

Kev

On Mon, 31 Dec 2001 06:29:12 +1100, "Howard J. Rogers" <dba_at_hjrdba.com> wrote:

>Kev,
>
>Your post is not entirely clear... Do you have the datafiles as your post
>title suggests, or do you merely have an export file as your post contents
>suggests?
>
>If you have the datafiles themselves, do you have a control file as well?
>And do you have archives? Because if that's all true, then you can perform
>a standard incomplete recovery and get all your data back, except for the
>last little bit that was in the current online redo log.
>
>If all you've got is the export file, then you'll have to create a brand new
>database from scratch, and run import to get the data back as it was at the
>time you took the export. The easiest way to proceed in that eventuality
>would be to manually create all the right tablespaces (and users), and then
>leave import to create all the tables, indexes and so on, and populate them.
>
>Regards
>HJR

This message was cancelled from within Mozilla...not Received on Sun Dec 30 2001 - 13:37:52 CST