REPOST: Re: backspace doesn't work in sqlplus

From: Andy Campbell <andy_at_starsend.force9.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 16:36:14 +0000

ORACLE_TERM was not set.

However just solved the problem. I noticed that I was getting the same problem with vi. But is was okay in other accounts on the box.

I was setting stty erase ^H in my .profile. However without an stty setting for erase it works fine !

Thanks for the reply
Andy

In article <gdeu2u0tinvfc0taq3kideuiau4fjms0rm_at_4ax.com>, "Bruno Jargot" <see_at_reply.to.invalid> wrote:

> On Sun, 30 Dec 2001 14:57:48 +0000, Andy Campbell wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I'm using a sqlplus on LINUX and for some reason backspace doesn't work
>>from sqlplus.  It's works fine from the OS but turns into ^? as soon as
>>I enter sqlplus.
>>
>>I can do !stty erase ^H from sqlplus, but thats annoying everytime.  I
>>could add it to my glogin.sql but its a bit of a hack.

> I think that your problem comes from the ORACLE_TERM variable. Under the
> shell, TERM is used but under sqlplus, ORACLE_TERM is probably used if
> defined.
>
> Try with an undefined ORACLE_TERM.

This message was cancelled from within Mozilla...not Received on Sun Dec 30 2001 - 10:36:14 CST