REPOST: Re: Lost oracle database but have the datafiles

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 07:23:41 +1100

Ha! I wondered if anyone would notice!!

I got told off in one of my classes recently by one of the students for creating tables called HJR, HR1, HOWIE, and various egocentric variations. So, I've kind of taken the advice to heart, and whereas all my databases used to be called HJR816, HJR817, HJR901 and so on, now I just have DB1, DB2 and DB3 -so you are quite right.... I'm not about to cross over to the dark side!

Yours conspiratorially ;-)
HJR

Resources for Oracle: http://www.hjrdba.com

========= WAS CANCELLED BY =======: Path: news.sol.net!spool0-nwblwi.newsops.execpc.com!newsfeeds.sol.net!priapus.visi.com!news-out.visi.com!hermes.visi.com!newsfeed.direct.ca!look.ca!newsfeed1.earthlink.net!newsfeed.earthlink.net!uunet!lax.uu.net!news.navix.net!u-n-c-a-n-c-e-l-l-e-r From: "Howard J. Rogers" <dba_at_hjrdba.com> Newsgroups: alt.config,comp.lang.c,comp.databases.oracle.server Subject: cmsg cancel <3c2f776d$0$2601$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au> Control: cancel <3c2f776d$0$2601$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au> Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 06:50:49 GMT Organization: Navix Internet Subscribers Lines: 2 Message-ID: <cancel.3c2f776d$0$2601$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au> NNTP-Posting-Host: 166.102.15.34 X-Trace: iac5.navix.net 1009788625 26548 166.102.15.34 (31 Dec 2001 08:50:25 GMT) X-Complaints-To: abuse_at_navix.net NNTP-Posting-Date: 31 Dec 2001 08:50:25 GMT X-No-Archive: yes Comment: Anarchy! Fuck You! X-Commentary: I love NewsAgent 1.10, Sandblaster Build 74 (19 March 1999) and the Polaris Cancel Engine V. 6.1 X-Unacanc3l: yes This message was cancelled from within Mozilla...not