Re: Oracle 9i with 8i OCP track possible?

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 19:43:57 +0000 (UTC)

"Howard J. Rogers" <dba_at_hjrdba.com> wrote in message news:3c2f694d$0$2602$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au...
> I wouldn't recommend it. But then I'm whistling in the wind here, because
> everyone else assures me that the differences between 8i and 9i are not
that
> major. Personally, and speaking only for myself, I think that's wrong.

I agree entirely with Howard. 9i is a significant step forward and in some respects a different animal to 8i. Especially if you compare 9i to 8.1.5 which is the base for 8i OCP. I'm sure that it is possible to study for 8i OCP on a 9i box (just as it is possible using 8 or even 7.3.4) The creatures are different though.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA