Re: install with Win ME

From: Sybrand Bakker <oradba_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 10:45:54 +0100

On Sat, 29 Dec 2001 10:32:21 +0100, "Nico Velthuijsen" <nicovelthuijsen_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hello, I have a problem to install Oracle 8i on my notebook. There are
>problems with the pad C:\My documents\Oracle\stage\products.jar. Within 15%
>there is an error message. Can somebody help me? Thanks, Nico.

1 You should still adhere to 'old dos' directory style names. Installing in the My documents directory is not going to work. 2 No version of Oracle is certified for Win Me. However, there is a hack that has been published here many times, including last week. It involves editing win.ini to change the version of the jre Please search this groups archives at http://groups.google.com Please always do so, to avoid forcing people to respond to the same questions over and over again.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sat Dec 29 2001 - 03:45:54 CST