Re: How to prevent users from access to my database ?

From: Trifon Anguelov <trifona_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 06:52:06 GMT

Andreas,

Another way is to change your listener.ora file, so DB listener to listen on different port from what users are expecting.

Then just use: lsnrctl reload.

Or simple stop the listener.

This way only local users could connect with BEQ protocol, not Net8 clients.

Hope that helps.

Trifon Anguelov
Senior Oracle DBA

http://www.dbaclick.com