REPOST: Re: (more) Given the choice: hot or cold?

From: dsmcd <dsmcd_at_uswestmail.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 01:05:29 GMT

Thanks all...

Yes I'm archiving redo logs, but I thought in my particular stituation that my redo logs would not come into play when deciding on hot or cold.

I figured (and please tell me if I'm wrong) that I could get a point of time recovery by restoring from backup and running the redo logs from that point forward (assuming that my redo logs are still available. They're spread over 2 sets of mirrors and 3 partitions.)

I'll research the buffered data and shared pools issues. I'll admit those are new to me.

Thx,
D.

This message was cancelled from within Mozilla...not Received on Fri Dec 28 2001 - 19:05:29 CST