Re: Import data error

From: Lionel Mandrake <nobody_at_nospam.nowhere.nohow>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 02:25:37 GMT

"Diviner" <diviner_at_i-cable.com> wrote in message news:3C2C38E8.42D41027_at_i-cable.com...
> When importing data, I got this error:
> IMP-00069 Could not convert to environment national character set's
> handle
>
> How to solve it? Thank you very much.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Diviner.

From MetaLink...

Error: IMP 69
Text: Could not convert to environment national character set's handle

Cause: Internal error..
Action: Contact Worldwide support. Support Notes:
  IMP-69 can occur if you try to use an EARLIER version of IMPORT   against an export (.dmp) file produced by a LATER version of EXPORT.   Eg: If you try to use an 8.1.6 import executable to import a DMP

      file produced by an 8.1.7 export.

  In this scenario try using the correct version of IMPORT using   SQL*Net to connect to the earlier database version.

HTH,
- LM Received on Fri Dec 28 2001 - 20:25:37 CST