Re: Async I/O is NOT supppressed for filesystem datafiles in 8.1.5?

From: Sybrand Bakker <oradba_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 15:46:01 +0100

On 28 Dec 2001 06:28:39 -0800, medawsonjr_at_yahoo.com (El Toro) wrote:

>You're misunderstanding. I'm very well versed in
>the difference between kernel aio and filesystem
>aio on Solaris. In my case, DBWR is using the
>latter against my datafiles.
>
>However, Oracle claims that the oracle process will
>determine whether filesystem files are in use, and
>if so will turn OFF disk_asynch_io -- even if you
>have it set to true (check Metalink DocID 214480.999
>for details).
>
>So, why is my instance still trying to use it?

As you seem to know everything better than anyone else in this group, and you have info contradicting the Metalink Doc, why don't get in touch with Oracle? No support contract?

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri Dec 28 2001 - 08:46:01 CST