Re: Question about cursors within a package.

From: JR <tommyumuc_at_aol.com>
Date: 28 Dec 2001 05:18:02 -0800

shai_02_at_hotmail.com (Shahzad Latif) wrote in message news:<1f16721b.0112271429.4f407cb_at_posting.google.com>...
> > CURSOR c_puma_fr RETURN puma%ROWTYPE IS
>
> Please explain puma%ROWTYPE in above statement.
>
> Shahzad

I see now that the CURSOR c_puma_fr isn't needed in the package body and specifications. I can use a SELECT INTO block in the calling program to attain the needed data set. As another respondent correctly points out, the statement CURSOR c_puma_fr RETURN puma%ROWTYPE IS expects that puma%ROWTYPE has nine attributes, whereas I was trying to pull from it ten (which is why the last field I was trying to pull caused an error). Received on Fri Dec 28 2001 - 07:18:02 CST