What's difference between "hard parse" & "soft parse"?

From: Corvax <corvax-msk_at_yandex.ru>
Date: 28 Dec 2001 01:51:14 -0800

Hi, all!
Could anybody tell, what is the difference between "hard parse" and "soft parse"?
I mean, I would like to know what Oracle performs during "hard parse" and what Oracle perform during "soft parse" and how much "hard parse" more expensive than "soft parse".

I would be very grateful to you if you would point me on Chapter (or any other places) in Oracle documentation.

Thans in advance. Received on Fri Dec 28 2001 - 03:51:14 CST