REPOST: Re: transportable tablespaces - violation explanation needed

From: Andy <enzoweb_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 27 Dec 2001 20:00:28 -0800

Aha - it's actually a MASTER table from the dba_snapshots view - although I dropped the snapshots listed in the violations, these tables had other snapshots on them. As soon as I dropped the snapshots it cleared.

Thanks.

"Howard J. Rogers" <dba_at_hjrdba.com> wrote in message news:<3c2ac56d$0$24018$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au>...
> Who's the owner of the table TEST_DATA_01?
>
> If the transport set contains anything owned by SYS, it won't transport, and
> the export process will bomb out with highly informative error messages such
> as this one.
>
> Other things to check are that you're not trying to transport just some
> partitions of a table or index, that there are no bitmap indexes involved
> and so forth.
>
> You can run the dbms_tts.transport_set_check package to populate a view
> (from memory, it's called transport_check_violations) which may provide you
> with more useful information about what is going wrong.
>
> Regards
> HJR.
>

> "Andy" <enzoweb_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I am trying to create a transportable tablespace set and when I run
> > the procedure get some violations. Some are easy to figure out, but
> > what about the ones which say
> > "Master table ORACLE.TTS_TEST in tablespace TEST_DATA_01 not allowed
> > in transportable set"?
> >
> > Why isn't it allowed, and how can I fix it?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Andy Horne

This message was cancelled from within Mozilla...not Received on Thu Dec 27 2001 - 22:00:28 CST