help: OPS on same machine.

From: a <dbadba62_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 03:28:45 GMT

I was following the instruction from metalink to put two instances on one machine, does anybody have experience with it? I followed the instructions very carefully. I use suse linux 7.2, with 256M and 500M as swap.

I do not have any problem install the 9i RAC. After installation, I can start watchdog and nm, cm without problem. lsnodes will tell me that my_machine is the only node for my installation.

But I can not create the database. The machine always reboot in the middle of the database creation.
The alter file does not show any error,
alert.ora is as follows:
create tablespace SYSTEM datafile '/dev/oracle_raw/ora_system01' SIZE 590M REUSE
 default storage (initial 10K next 10K) EXTENT MANAGEMENT DICTIONARY online

There are also diag.trc, lmon.trc, lgwr.ora, lmd0.trc file generated, but none of them show any thing like error, or ORA. diag.trc is as follows:
Redo thread mounted by this instance: 0 <none> Oracle process number: 3
Unix process pid: 1653, image: oracle_at_devcshao (DIAG)

The init.ora is as follows:
db_name =test
compatible=9.0.0
db_files = 1024
control_files = ("/dev/oracle_raw/ora_control1", "/dev/oracle_raw/ora_control2")
db_file_multiblock_read_count = 8 # INITIAL

db_block_size=8192                       # Datawarehouse
open_cursors=200
sort_area_size=524288                    #Transaction processing
shared_pool_size =  152428800            # INITIAL
log_checkpoint_interval = 10000
processes = 150
parallel_max_servers = 5
log_buffer = 8192
timed_statistics = true       # if you want timed statistics
max_dump_file_size = 10240      # limit trace file size to 10 K each
global_names = TRUE
background_dump_dest=/opt/oracle/product/admin/ops1/bdump user_dump_dest=/opt/oracle/product/admin/ops1/udump remote_login_passwordfile = exclusive
job_queue_processes = 2
open_links = 4
undo_management=AUTO
#cluster_database= true
cluster_database_instances = 2
thread = 1
instance_name=ops1

What could be wrong, could somebody help me out?

Thanks Received on Thu Dec 27 2001 - 21:28:45 CST