Re: Oracle 8i Startup Script

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 15:31:01 +0100

OK

On the other hand, I never saw a need to use a password to su to oracle when connected as root.
Granted you will need it when you are connected as root, su to oracle, then su to root, and then su to oracle again, but who does that? So that's why (no obvious error in the script) I made this suggestion

Regards

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA

"Martin Haltmayer" <Martin.Haltmayer_at_d2mail.de> wrote in message

> Hello Sybrand,
>
> a password in the listener.ora would not prevent starting the listener but
it
> would only prevent stopping the listener.
>
> Regards,
>
> Martin
>

> Sybrand Bakker wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 27 Dec 2001 02:16:28 -0500, "Stuart Shay" <sshay_at_j51.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >Hello All:
> > >
> > >Below I have a startup script that does not startup the Oracle Listner.
It