proc *C with Japanese Characters

From: Rangeshwara Reddy Kona <konareddy_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 12:23:17 -0800

Hi ,
I have pro *C scripts which are pointing to single byte database they are working fine. Now I should point those to double byte enabled database. I am setting NLS_LANG parameter to JAPANESE_JAPAN.JA16SJIS.

In a table x_name is declared as VARCHAR2(50). In my pro *C script I am using VARCHAR(50) and result is fine.

but If I check *.c script I can see C struct as struct { unsigned short len; unsigned char arr[100]; } Name; As per C language Character takes 1 byte, now it is array of 100 bytes.. But how can this be possible to get the double byte character data into this char array without any problem.

If I am not clear mail me back.

Thanks in Adavance.
Rangesh Received on Thu Dec 27 2001 - 14:23:17 CST