probably a known installer bug ...

From: David A. Levy <david.a.levy_at_rogers.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 15:40:19 GMT

Does your Dell have pentium 4 processor/s? If so, this is likely caused by a bug in the 8.1.7 installer, that crops up when a pentium 4 processor is present. I had to grapple with this issue a few weeks ago myself. A kind soul on this news group directed me to metalink, where a couple of workarounds are posted.

Check for Doc ID: Note:131299.1 Subject: ALERT: Oracle Installer 8.1.X Hangs on Machines with Pentium 4 Processors

If you have trouble finding the fix on metalink, drop me an e-mail. I have it saved on my machine.

David. Received on Thu Dec 27 2001 - 09:40:19 CST