Re: To Tom Kyte, about the book.

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 19:52:33 +0300

Hmm... Isn't it because DB2 is more advanced and feature-rich than Oracle? ;) Or maybe because REXX is far more complex (because it's a general-purpose language after all) than PL/SQL?

Another suggestion is that IBM tends to keep things as much 'obfuscated through too detailed description finally leading off target' as they can. ;) OS/2 was not at all bad OS and GUI, but they lost their race against Windows - wasn't this partly due to too detailed documentation of the API? I'm sure there also were marketing reasons, but finally...? Maybe IBM just tried to see if the KISS principle works?