Re: Oracle as HTTP server?

From: Joost Mulders <mail_at_j-mulders.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 16:43:25 +0100

Joost Mulders wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an 8.1.5 database with a bunch of mp3's in BLOBS. Is there an easy way to give access to the files via HTTP for personal use, i.e. Oracle as a webserver?
>
> I am simple and I want to be able to execute simple commands like "mpg123 "http://oracle_database_server/mp3file.mp3"
>
> Is this possible?, where to start looking ?
>
> Thanks !
>
> Joost

Well, replying to my own post:

I've written a commandline OCI utility called 'oblob' that can read and write blobs to a database. Now, I can do this:

        oblob -c user/passwd_at_database -s "select mp3 from list" | mpg123 -

Which was what I want.

oblob is at http://www.j-mulders.demon.nl/oblob

Cheers,

Joost Received on Wed Dec 26 2001 - 09:43:25 CST