Re: First Oracle Stored Procedure :::

From: Ganesh Raja <ganesh_at_gtfs-gulf.com>
Date: 26 Dec 2001 02:17:13 -0800

khurram.khan_at_qict.net (Khurram Khan) wrote in message news:<a23090a4.0112252314.44160654_at_posting.google.com>...
> We have a very simple requirement where user will provide Part # and
> in return of that we will pass Part Name, Owner Name, Part Size etc.
>
> We can easily write SQL query to achieve required results but at this
> time we are required to write Oracle stored procedure and we have
> never written stored procedure before therefore please advice what
> need to be changed in mentioned SQL query to convert it into stored
> procedure.

Create or Replace proc A(Id In Number, Name out Varchar2, Owner out Varchar2, Size Ou Varchar2)
As
 Select Part_name,Owner_name,Part_size
into name, owner,size
 from Part_detail Pa, OWN_Deatil OD
 where Pa.Part_id = id
 and Pa.Part_id = OD.Part_id;
End;

HTH... My 2 cents ... read the application developers guide to understand more about PL/SQL...

Regards,
Ganesh R Received on Wed Dec 26 2001 - 04:17:13 CST