Re: /*+ ORDERED LEADING() */ Destroys session.

From: Ushkalo Igor <igorus_at_protek.ru>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 12:15:31 +0300

Brian Tkatch wrote:

> Well, we ought to be getting new hardware in April, and certainly
> we'll install 8.1.7 then. Right now, however, I'm a bit nervous to
> upgrade after having such a hard time installing Oracle to begin with.

So, do you have any doubts which version you want migrate to?

I've one database (8.0.5.1) and going to migrate to 8.1.7.2, but i've been told that 8.1.7.2 has bugs in latching (high contention & perfomance degradation in buffer cache chain latch)...

What people will say - which version should i migrate to? variants:

- 8.1.6.3 (tested, some known troubles)
- 8.1.7.0 (troubles - they say - shared pool memory leak)
- 8.1.7.2 (see above)

Unfortunately i can't wait for 8.1.7.3, downtime will be only this new year holidays...

P.S. There always are troubles, in every version of every software... B-)