Re: newbie with startup problem

From: Tho Nguyen <tho_pic_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 24 Dec 2001 23:51:12 -0800

"Alexander M?ler" <it_mueller_at_web.de> wrote in message news:<a077fs$d0d$1_at_news.online.de>...
> I have problem with the startup form a database.
>
> when i start the db i've got the error that one off the rollback files are
> not there
>
> few minutes before the system crashed and the file was delete when fsck
> works
>
> and I have also no backup
>
> i know that at this time nobody worked in the db and also no jobs running
>
> have i a chance to start this db again ??
I think all you should do are:

- shutdown Db
-Startup mount
-Alter that datafile offline (you know the syntax?)
-alter database open
-Drop the rollback tablespace .
-Create new rollback tablespace
-Create rollback segments on that

It should be OK now.
HTH,
Tho Nguyen. Received on Tue Dec 25 2001 - 01:51:12 CST