Re: Export as sysdba (using 817)

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 24 Dec 2001 18:48:21 -0800

I remember the documentation about Export utility says what you said. But it forgets to mention this:

EXP-00044 must be connected 'AS SYSDBA' to do Point-in-time Recovery or Transportable Tablespace import

Cause: The user must log in 'as SYSDBA' to perform transportable tablespace imports or Point-In-Time Recovery imports.

Action: Ask your database adminstrator to perform the Transportable Tablespace import or the Tablespace Point-in-time Recovery import.

Yong Huang
yong321_at_yahoo.com