INTEGER datatype

From: Murty Adavi <adavi_at_mediaone.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 22:18:33 GMT

What is the difference between datatypes INTEGER & NUMBER(p) in Oracle? I don't see much documentation about INTEGER datatype anywhere. Is it an outdataed one
being supported for backward compatability reasons ?

The reason I am asking is I need to convert a Sybase database to Oracle and want to know
the Sybase INTEGER's equivalent in Ocalce.

Thanks
Murty Received on Mon Dec 24 2001 - 16:18:33 CST