Oracle Call Interface

From: Mumtaz Zaheer <malikmumtazzaheer_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 24 Dec 2001 03:26:50 -0800

I dont know if this is the group I am looking for. But anyway, does OCI support Backup and Recovery? Is there anyway to do that using OCI?

Please do consider me new to Databases, and I have just been asked to make an application that work on Windows platform for backup and recovery purpose.

As I am new to database administration, I saw two ways of taking backup one is Hot and Cold backup and other using Export and Import utilities. As I am going to take backup from my application, I will either use ODBC, ADO or OCI for that purpose. I am also looking for results that Backup command or query generates so that I can tell my user about that If some error occurs.

Hope, I have made my question much difficult :(

Awaiting response. Received on Mon Dec 24 2001 - 05:26:50 CST