To find a just-inserted record

From: S P Arif Sahari Wibowo <arifsaha_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 09:47:10 -0600

Hi!

Do you know how to make sure we can found a record that we just inserted?

Obviously this is in programming context, a routine just execute an 'insert' sql command, but have to pass the rowid of that record to other routines. Obviously the rowid cannot be known before the record is inserted.

Any idea how to keep a 'hold' on that newly inserted record?

I try this on an Oracle 8.1.6 on Red Hat Linux using perl's DBI.

Thank you!

--
                                   S P Arif Sahari Wibowo