Re: Create Database Error !

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 21 Dec 2001 06:09:51 -0800

"Henry Lau" <henryl_at_asper.com.hk> wrote in message news:<9vutcm$o2j$1_at_hfc.pacific.net.hk>...
> HI,
>
> When i tried to create a new database, i got the following error ! what
> the problem is !? "ORA-12560: TNS protocol adapter error !"
>
> Please help !

<SARCASM>That's so perfectly described problem! I think that author will get desired help very soon.</SARCASM>

Edition, version, platform, exact steps which brings this error, alert<SIG>.log, listener.log, Oracle system variables ... = 0 I can tell you more than ten reasons for ORA-12560 error, without information you'll hardly get sensible answer.

Dusan Bolek, Ing.
Oracle team leader

Note: pagesflames_at_usa.net has been cancelled due to changes (maybe we
can call it an overture to bankruptcy) on that server. I'm still using
this email to prevent SPAM. Maybe one day I will change it and have a
proper mail even for news, but right now I can be reached by this
email.