Delay when connecting to Oracle DB

From: Deivnet <davide_at_lsvapplication.it>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 11:16:51 +0100

Hi,

    i think i have a problem with my application an Oracle 8.0.5 server on NT4Server.

When with browser i'm calling an asp page that connect with the Oracle DB i have for the
first time a 10-15 seconds delay before the data appears, if i try another operation
after immediately, data appears very fast (less then 1 sec).

If i stop my navigation for 4/5 minutes and then retry to navigate my application
data appears afetr 10-15 seconds.

I don't understand what's the problem.

Thanks Davide

Cavalleri Davide LSVApplication s.r.l. davide_at_lsvapplication.it 0372/450207