Re: Oracle tracing

From: Thomas Jegen <thomas.jegen_at_siemens.ch>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 08:30:48 +0100

Hi

SQL Analyze which is part of Enterprise Manger's Tuning Pack has the capability to analize Statements which are in the SQL Shared Pool. You still don't know exactly when the statements have been executed but if you look at the number of exectution you should get quite a good picture what is going on on your database in terms of SQL exectution.

Thomas

Sergei Gofman wrote:

> Hi.
> I need a mechanism which allows me to get information about the excecuted
> queries in Oracle DB "on the fly" (in realtime). Alternatively, if you know
> a way to get trace of SQL queries with timestamps (when the query started
> execution) and the duration that the query took, that would also be good.
> The SQL_TRACE gives me only the queries, not the time when they started
> executing.
> Thanks in advance,
> Sergei

Siemens Switzerland Ltd, Software House, ES 41
Thomas Jegen, Software Engineer
Albisriederstrasse 245, CH-8047 Zürich
Phone +41 585 583 438, Fax +41 585 545 340
mailto:thomas.jegen@siemens.com, Internet: http://www.siemens.ch/

Important Note: This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged,
undisclosed or otherwise confidential information. If you have received
this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying
or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us
immediately and destroy the original transmittal. Thank you for your
cooperation.