Recovery from Archived Redo Logs

From: Zoltan <zoto29_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 Dec 2001 18:07:21 -0800

I've been looking at backup/recovery scenarios and have come across one that I can't solve.

Regular cold backups are done, including the redo logs, but after a disk crash, the database is gone, including the online redo logs, but the archived redo logs are still there (different disk). Unfortunately the latest backup is a day old and doesn't reflect the work done today, otherwise it works fine.

The question is:
Can the day's work be recovered from the archived redo logs?

I've tried a "recover database" but Oracle claims it doesn't need recovery, due I suppose, to the restored online redo logs being at the same level as the database. Received on Thu Dec 20 2001 - 20:07:21 CST