Re: Own grouping function

From: John Russell <netnews_at_johnrussell.mailshell.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 18:39:49 GMT

In 9i there is a way to do this so the new aggregate function can be used directly in queries. You define an object type with standard methods, and these methods get called as needed to process each row.

http://download-west.oracle.com/otndoc/oracle9i/901_doc/appdev.901/a88896/dci11agg.htm#1004615

If you aren't using 9i, looking at this section might still help you determine the logic to use in doing it procedurally.

John

--
Got an Oracle database question?
Try the search engine for the database docs at: