Character set is wrong after exp/imp operation (£'s show as #'s)

From: David Goodall <davidg_at_bluewave.com>
Date: 20 Dec 2001 10:15:48 -0800

Hi,

I am trying to export an Oracle database from a Linux box to a WinNT box (only a temporary measure ;-) by the following method:

./exp system/password full=Y file=filename.dmp

imp userid=system/password_at_dbname full=y file=filename.dmp

The import is into a newly created database, with the characterset WE8ISO8859P1. Everything works fine except that all instances of "£" are replaced with "#"

I then tried again with a fresh database, using the WE8DEC characterset, but got the same result.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
David. Received on Thu Dec 20 2001 - 12:15:48 CST