Re: Backup problem

From: Jimmy Collins <jimmy_at_jcollins.de>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 13:19:49 +0100

"Hans-Peter" <hans-peter.henrichsen_at_capgemini.se> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3c21cb58$1_at_news.capgemini.se...
> Hi,

Hi!

> I have problems when I, during the night, try to backup my database
server.
> Before the backup a script is executed that shutdown the instance and stop
> the service.

Why do you shut down your instance? You will lost some/many performance because you will lost your sql-area after shutdown.

> CONNECT INTERNAL/<PWD>@PUCK
> SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE
> host net stop OracleServicePUCK

You don't need to stop the service. The database is in a consistent state after shutdowon immediate.

> The backup is done, but one (of two) controlfiles is in use during the
> backup.

How do you do the backup of your files?
Tip: Copy your files to another directory:

host ocopy e:\puck\dbfiles\ctl2puck.ctl e:\puck\dbfiles_backup\ctl2puck.ctl [...]
startup

After that you can start your backup-software and backup the "dbfiles_backup"-directory instead of "dbfiles".

> After the backup another script is executed...
> net start OracleServicePUCK
>
> The database is NOT up and running. Error message in the ALRT.log is
>
> Errors in file E:\PUCK\DBLogs\trace\puckCKPT.TRC:
> ORA-00206: Message 206 not found; No message file for product=RDBMS,
> facility=ORA; arguments: [3] [1]
> ORA-00202: Message 202 not found; No message file for product=RDBMS,
> facility=ORA; arguments: [E:\PUCK\DBFILES\CTL2PUCK.ORA]
> ORA-27072: Message 27072 not found; No message file for product=RDBMS,
> facility=ORA
> OSD-04008: WriteFile() failure, unable to write to file
> O/S-Error: (OS 33) The process cannot access the file because another
> process has locked a portion of the file.
>
> There is enough space on the server.
> Our environment is as follows:
>
> Clients:
>
> Windows 2000 SP2 english version
>
> Compaq Deskpro with 384 MB RAM
>
> Server:
>
> Windows 2000 server
>
> Oracle Server 8.1.7.0.0
>

> Somebody how has an solution?
>
> //Hans-Peter Henrichsen

Jimmy Collins Received on Thu Dec 20 2001 - 06:19:49 CST