Backup problem

From: Hans-Peter <hans-peter.henrichsen_at_capgemini.se>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 12:40:59 +0100

Hi,

I have problems when I, during the night, try to backup my database server. Before the backup a script is executed that shutdown the instance and stop the service.

CONNECT INTERNAL/<PWD>@PUCK
SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE
host net stop OracleServicePUCK

The backup is done, but one (of two) controlfiles is in use during the backup.

After the backup another script is executed... net start OracleServicePUCK

The database is NOT up and running. Error message in the ALRT.log is

Errors in file E:\PUCK\DBLogs\trace\puckCKPT.TRC: ORA-00206: Message 206 not found; No message file for product=RDBMS, facility=ORA; arguments: [3] [1]
ORA-00202: Message 202 not found; No message file for product=RDBMS, facility=ORA; arguments: [E:\PUCK\DBFILES\CTL2PUCK.ORA] ORA-27072: Message 27072 not found; No message file for product=RDBMS, facility=ORA
OSD-04008: WriteFile() failure, unable to write to file O/S-Error: (OS 33) The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file.

There is enough space on the server.
Our environment is as follows:

Clients:

Windows 2000 SP2 english version

Compaq Deskpro with 384 MB RAM

Server:

Windows 2000 server

Oracle Server 8.1.7.0.0

Somebody how has an solution?

//Hans-Peter Henrichsen Received on Thu Dec 20 2001 - 05:40:59 CST