Re: [Newbie] Ora-12541 : TNS:no listener How launching listener on Win98?

From: Frédéric REGNIER <fredericregnier_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 12:17:32 +0100

Stephen B <stephen.bell_at_cgi.ca> wrote:

> Don't worry about looking for a file...just type the command to start the
> listener control utility from the DOS prompt..

Always bad command or file name. In other hand, from the net8 configuration assistant, i've to choose IPC protocol because my databases is on the same machine, isnt it? Also, Net8 Configuration assistant says, "The information provided for the ipc protocol is currently in use by other software on this computer. You can proceed with the configuration as it is, but it will not be possible to start this listener until conflict is resolved..." I add that, i just erase, tnsnames.ora and listener.ora before lanching the Net8 Configuration Assistant.   Received on Thu Dec 20 2001 - 05:17:32 CST