Installing Oracle 8.1.7 client without X on Linux

From: <davide_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 20 Dec 2001 09:49:09 GMT

I have to install the Oracle client on a Sun Cobalt RAQ4, this machine does not have video (nor video card), keyboard and the like. So I have two choiches: 1. install X on it and export the display or 2. just copy another installation on it.

Currently I've done the second.. I copied (tar.gz) a working installation from my machine to the Cobalt, fixed the libraries and everything seems working...

But I wonder if everything is effectively correct or I can have some problem when my back is turned...

Anyone ever did such thing ?

Davide Received on Thu Dec 20 2001 - 03:49:09 CST