Oracle 9i / Solaris 7: dbca hangs at 50%

From: Carsten Grammes <cgrammes_at_gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 09:26:53 GMT

Hello world,

I try to install Oracle 9i (32bit version) on Solaris 7 (Ultra Sparc 10 with 256MB RAM). The SW installation process ran up to the stage where the database is created and then hangs at 50% while creating the database. I tried to do it manually afterwards using dbca with the same result. The oracle process "oracle<dbname>" consumes up to 100% CPU without any visible file I/O. I waited one night but it seems an endless loop.

So far no other errors (semaphores, shared memory etc).

Any idea?

Thanx,
Carsten.

---
I want to die peacefully in sleep like my grandfather.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers!