Re: ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error

From: John Bossert <jbossert_at_usa.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 04:59:56 GMT

Firing up SQL*Plus in /nolog...

then trying to "connect system/manager as sysdba" gets the same problem. I've been solving the problem by explicitly going into Control Panel/Services and starting up the database (I have it in Manual.)

Then, I can repeatedly stop and start the database from within SQL*Plus.

--
John Bossert

In what concerns you much, do not think that you
have companions: know that you are alone in the world.

             -- Henry David Thoreau