Re: Oracle 8i w/ FailSafe

From: Lionel Mandrake <nobody_at_nospam.nowhere.nohow>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 02:02:49 GMT

<gyee_at_sgi.com> wrote in message

> Are there any documentation on how to install Oracle 8.1.7 on Windows
> 2000 Advanced server which will be using FailSafe? I am not sure if
> the program files is suppose to reside the the private disk or shared
> disk. Also the procedure to install Oracle on the second node.
> Meaning, if I chose typical install I would have the database sit on
> the shared disk. When I do the install on the second node should I
> have it also install on the shared disk and just have it overwrite the
> first database that was created?
>
> Thanks for any help. Directions towards documentation would also be
> great.

> Check out our new Unlimited Server. No Download or Time Limits!
> -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! ==-----

The documentation ships on the product cd...

You can also get it from Oracle Technology Network online at:

http://otn.oracle.com/docs/tech/windows/failsafe/content.html

The Oracle server software must be installed on each node. It is all well documented in the, umm, well, documentation.

HTH, -LM Received on Wed Dec 19 2001 - 20:02:49 CST