Re: newbie woes

From: Sybrand Bakker <oradba_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 23:33:11 +0100

On 17 Dec 2001 06:44:46 -0800, dparks_at_americanfibersystems.com (Dave Parks) wrote:

>Solaris 8, Oracle Apps 11i, Server 8.1.6
>
>I'm having a problem with Cash Management, and I believe it's due to
>an invalid object, but I don't know how to tell which object is
>creating the problem.
>
>Error:
>
>FRM-40735: ON-UPDATE trigger raised unhandled exception ORA-01653
>ORA-01403: no data found
>AVAILABLE_EVENT.update_row procedure raised unhandled exception
>
>I've checked tablespace, but I don't know how to tell which tablespace
>the object that this error came from resides in (I don't even know
>which object it came from).
>
>I have 327 invalid objects (had 20, started a TAR, followed
>instructions, ended up with 327) that aren't being resolved by adadmin
>or adcompsc.sql.
>
>Help?

You have run out of space in your database (ON-UPDATE trigger raised unhandled exception ORA-1653)
As it is a 1653 error it will also show in your alert_<sid>.log on the database server. There it will show the *exact* object which can't be extended anymore. Most likely you will need to resize the tablespace the object is residing in.
Now why OTS has been unable to resolve this escapes me.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed Dec 19 2001 - 16:33:11 CST