Re: Oracle 8i and setting up a listener

From: Robin Bishop <rmb8_at_brighton.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 09:25:52 GMT

Yes it is possible. I'm not sure about other Unix flavours but on Solaris you would add a script file into the appropriate rcx.d directory (rc2.d most likely) containing something like:

ORACLE_HOME=whatever
su oracle -c "$ORACLE_HOME/bin/lsnrctl start listener"

where "oracle" is the user account of the software owner and "listener" is the name of the listener to be started. Works for me anyway.

Robin