Re: extending tablespace TEMP

From: Mark D Powell <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 18 Dec 2001 13:16:41 -0800

Jan Eliasen <eliasen_at_cs.auc.dk> wrote in message news:<Pine.GSO.4.33.0112181052020.4488-100000_at_borg.cs.auc.dk>...
> Hi there.
>
> How do I do that? I'm trying to do a simple
>
> select * from h2alle one, h2alle two where one.dato = two.dato;
>
> but I get an error;
>
> ORA-01652: unable to extend temp segment by 128 in tablespace TEMP
>
> How do I fix this? I can't find any information about it.
>
> Oh, and I have added a datafile to the SYSTEM tablespace. Does anyone know
> how I delete it from the tablespace again? I have accidently deleted the
> file on the harddrive, but I can't seem to find a way to remove it from
> the tablespace?!?

The last I knew if you drop a file from a tablespace the tablespace becomes invalid and requires recovery. Since you dropped a file from the system tablespace you must perform recovery. Someone should file an enhancement request that if a file has no objects allocated to it that you should be able to drop it without invalidating the tablespace.