Re: Replication with a DB of another brand (SQLBase)

From: Aleksey Burdakov <burdakov_at_vesco.ru>
Date: 18 Dec 2001 08:51:34 -0800

Yes, that's what I've already done. I used SQLBase unload/load format, and wrote function which unloads/loads to/from Oracle in this propriate format.
I am not satisfied with the solution, since in case we changed the pair of DBMSs from Oracle-SQLBase to something else, we would have to do some extra work in order to rewrite this unload/load function.

The question (and the idea) was to use some ready-made solution for offline replication. In this case some compatible format (such as XML or whatever) would be used, and the solution would be more DBMS-independent.
Let us rephrase the question: does Oracle support offline replication ? Do you know some third-party solutions for off-line replication ?

Thanks,

Aleksey Burdakov