SQL Query: Concatenation of multiple records

From: Nick Heppleston <nickheppleston_at_gmx.co.uk>
Date: 18 Dec 2001 03:27:39 -0800

Trying to solve a query which is completely beyond me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We have 2 tables, the first a product table with each record relating to an individual product. The second table is a 'Long Description' table with multiple entries per product code (relating to a unique ID in the first table). So, for product '00ASD23' the long description is broken down into say five different records each with the product code '00ASD23'. The query needs to pull back individual records for each product (as in this first table), however each record must also contain the long description, made up from multiple records in the second table. These records must be in essence concatenated with each other and returned as one string that can be included into each individual product record.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated. If you require more information, please don't hesitate to contact me or reply to this posting.

Cheers, Nick
nick.heppleston_at_midwich.com Received on Tue Dec 18 2001 - 05:27:39 CST